The American Motorcycle Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking a Communications Associate to join our team.
The successful candidate will have strong writing and communication skills to drive the AMA’s written and web-based communication. This position will assist the American Motorcyclist Association’s Communications efforts in several ways, though primarily in the researching, writing, reviewing/approving and posting of press releases and assorted other types of written and web-based communication.
Reports to: Deputy Director of Communications
This is not a remote position
- Research and write press releases on a variety of topics, including racing, marketing, communications, government relations and others
- Assist with building and sending multiple organizational newsletters
- Assist with creating newsletter content and graphics
- Write additional marketing, web or other types of content as assigned
- Photo selection and organization for press releases and additional content
- Use Photoshop to crop photos as needed for website posting and additional channels
- Regular website posting (some knowledge of basic SEO a plus)
- Assist with social media posting and content/graphic creation
- Provide administrative assistance to the Deputy Director of Communications and the Business Development Manager as assigned
- Assist the Business Development Manager with sales communications, communicating with clients and creating additional written materials
- Assist with event production tasks on an as-needed basis
- Help cover AMA events and other events on-site as assigned, producing timely reports for web, press releases or other channels
- Some travel required within the U.S.
- Proofreading all comms/edit materials as needed
- Additional duties as assigned