$80000 - $105000
Salary based on education, experience, and qualifications
Interested in joining a winning team? Start your career in beer with High Country Beverage!
HCB is always looking for great employees to share in our passion for excellence! Our team oriented culture and can-do attitude provide the perfect platform for individual growth opportunities in delivery, sales, marketing, warehouse, and administration.
High Country Beverage represents some of the best brands in the world such as Coors Light, Coors Banquet, Blue Moon, Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Guinness, Fat Tire, White Claw, Truly, and a number of other world famous brands!
HCB employees rave about the team members and management they work with. The organized systems we have in place keep things running smoothly which keeps our employees happy. Not to mention, a career in beer has a lot of perks, including but not limited to:
- Taxi Reimbursement to prevent drinking and driving and promote safe fun
- Company sponsored parties including FACs, holiday parties, etc.
- Safety shoe reimbursement
- High quality, low personal cost benefits including medical & dental and vision insurance, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- 401K with up to a 5% match, 100% vesting
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Great discounts on beer, wine, and spirits
- Personal vehicle required and employee will receive mileage/usage reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
Act as liaison and advocate for HCB and all HCB suppliers. This position designs, implements, manages, and tracks all supplier related sales activities for HCB in both territories. Daily responsibilities include overseeing the sales performance, distribution, and profitability of all HCB brands to achieve our company plan. Develop brand-specific sales activities and incentive programs for the Sales Department. Plan the effective use of marketing resources to maximize the development and revenue of assigned brands. Integrate and enhance HCB’s marketing programs. Keep abreast of pertinent financial and sales results. Assist and support the sales team to achieve sales and distribution goals daily.
- Safely maneuver cases
- Remain compliant with drug, alcohol, and motor vehicle policies
- Maintain work productivity over differing conditions including but not limited to temperature and order quantity
- Adhere to all state and company processes and procedures
This position will be directly responsible for the MillerCoors, AC Golden, and Pabst brands and will manage the three brand managers who are responsible for the other suppliers.
- Hold brand managers accountable for daily and weekly assignments and responsibilities pertaining to retail visits, sales and supplier engagement, P&L management, hitting supplier and HCB plans, and professionalism standards set by HCB.
- Develop and achieve Business Plans for all Suppliers.
- Develop a Beer knowledge-training program and implement to all HCB employees on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop direction and goals for assigned Supplier’s products in concert with HCB brand/package objectives.
- Manage POS orders to meet brand and market needs while following HCB POS budget plan for both divisions. Monitor POS use at retail to ensure assigned Supplier and HCB budgets are used to maximum effectiveness.
- Develop marketing plans to include media and special events for Supplier’s products in concert with the HCB/Supplier Business plans and budgets. Negotiate sponsorship terms and work with Special Event representatives on behalf of assigned Suppliers and HCB to achieve marketing and sampling goals.
- Proactively work with assigned Supplier representatives to design, implement, track, and evaluate incentives.
- Work with assigned Suppliers and HCB Sales force at retail to gain targeted distribution, and to evaluate the execution of programs.
- Develop and conduct brand-specific sales and product knowledge training for the Sales Department. Make brand presentations to Sales meetings.
- Support and Assist Off-Premise Sales Managers, On-Premise Manager, Delivery Manager, and Salespeople in achieving brand goals and objectives in all territories.
- Identify and prioritize retail opportunities based on account potential by channel and consumer demographics.
- Analyze and evaluate sales, distribution, and retail execution data and communicate the results to the appropriate company personnel and/or Supplier representatives.
- Develop new product launch plans with assigned Supplier reps; oversee the forecast new products volume with the brand team and product supply team.
- Assist the Inventory Manager, as needed, to forecast sales of all key packages and innovation.
- Identify and monitor assigned SKU’s, taking appropriate action to ensure all possible brands and packages are meeting distribution goals.
- Work with all levels of the sales department on an ongoing basis, to facilitate achieving desired outcomes and in-field training in Supplier Retail Standards.
- Ensure that all assigned HCB products are represented at retail in line with the Supplier’s Retail Standards.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key retailers.
- Communicates assigned Supplier’s Quality Assurance Standards to all HCB personnel and represents assigned Suppliers as an advocate for Quality Assurance.
- Monitors shelf schematics to follow Supplier Standards and helps sell in and implement shelf re-sets designed to improve HCB product space allocation and positioning for HCB’s craft and import brands.
- Understands and complies with all local, state and federal regulations along with all HCB policies and procedures.
- Completes monthly reports, vehicle mileage reports, and special assignments at the request of the Marketing Division Manager, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, or President of High Country Beverage. Submits all required reports neat and on time.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, practices, procedures and controls, applicable to his/her primary function.
- Must reside in the Northern Colorado Market
- Marketing/Business Degree or equivalent beverage management experience.
- Strong product knowledge of Domestic, PAB, Seltzer, Import and Craft Beers
- Above average understanding of 3-Tier system and beverage marketing approaches.
- Ability to communicate with and compete training for the HCB sales staff
- Strong ability to influence and interact with Supplier representatives.
- Ability to understand complex verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Planning and Budget management skills
- Strong leadership skills and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and time management skills.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel and Power point. Proficient with all Encompass reporting.
- Exceptional leadership skills to engage and manage their direct reports,
This position is considered a leader in the HCB organization. As such, the Marketing Manager will always maintain a professional appearance and attitude. Position will be asked to perform duties “above and beyond the normal” from time to time and expected to cheerfully perform such duties. Position expected to be a positive role model for other HCB employees.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note selected candidates will be subject to an MVR & criminal background check and a pre-employment physical/drug screen.