SUMMARY: Ensures the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with chef and standards laid out in kitchen. Works closely with the F&B Manager in ensuring kitchen production meets business demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions
- Prepare food of consistent quality by tasting (especially sauces and dressings, following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers
- Expedite orders efficiently and have strong time management
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs
- Ensure the designated station is equipped with appropriate knives and utensils and all items are visually checked and tested for quality to ensure the utmost importance of safety
- Daily Cleaning and sanitizing of work areas including grease traps, ovens, refrigeration, ovens, grill, floors, fryers, walls, ceiling tiles, counters, shelving, tables, rolling racks and any other item that needs to be cleaned using proper chemical cleaning agent
- Ensure presentation for every plate is consistent and in line with quality and presentation standards of the resort.