AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Description of Duties:
Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies with a focus on cost reduction through multiple source quoting, annual re-quoting, transport cost optimization and staying abreast of market pricing trends.
- Evaluate and participate in the selection of suppliers by considering price, quality, reliability, delivery performance, availability and other criteria beneficial to the company.
- Manage storeroom staff and inventories to ensure storeroom items are available when needed while minimizing inventory levels, minimizing freight costs and minimizing staff labor and overtime costs.
- Interact with suppliers to schedule delivery times and resolve shipping errors.
- Lead the efforts working with the company leadership to reduce the waste of factory supplies through the issuance of only the quantities needed to only the job codes that need them using vending machines, etc.
- Lead programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
- Authorize payments and maintain receipts, records and inventories.
- Maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts and payments.
- Establish procedures and supervise the cycle counts and annual physical inventory of the storeroom including taking corrective actions to reduce variances.
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications, craft negotiation strategies and negotiate supplier contracts with optimal pricing and terms.
- Manage supplier contact lists.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Explore and recommend alternatives to reduce costs and/or to improve lead times.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks throughout the supply chain process.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Forecast price and market trends and evaluate the precent of AGY spend with each supplier versus the supplier’s annual revenue to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Issue purchase orders based on assigned authorization or signing limits.
- Expedite and redirect purchase orders as needed ensure raw materials and suppliers are available on time.
- Track back orders and/or late deliveries and contact suppliers as needed to generate corrective actions.
- Evaluate and qualify potential new suppliers as needed.
- Manage company requisition process and convert to purchase orders in Oracle.
- Monitor inventory levels and determine purchase needs to ensure material availability while minimizing freight and inventory holding costs.
- Forecast inventory needs based on historical, current and future demands.
- Schedule, track, and verify deliveries.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers. Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relationships.
- Ensure that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions