ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At Community Catalysts of California, we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. If you are interested in serving your community and becoming a valued asset to our team, please read ahead as we are looking for exceptional individuals to work with our clients. Those with behavioral management experience are encouraged to apply! Starting pay for this position is $13.00 per hour (plus an additional $2 during crisis service hours).
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is as a Direct Service Aide with opportunities to work in our crisis services as well. These opportunities in crisis service will provide additional pay per hour. This program is growing and we are so thrilled about it! Come join us and contribute to our exciting growth.
Community Catalysts of California offers a variety of services to people within the full spectrum of disabilities. Every day, our professional staff members are committed to people with disabilities to help them succeed in their daily lives, work, home, and communities.
OUR DIRECT SERVICE AIDES ACHIEVE SUCCESS BY:
- Guiding clients in developing life skills
- Providing the client with appropriate and effective services such as support and training programs
- Serving each client in the least restrictive environment
- Increasing the independence of all clients served
- Assisting each person with improving his/her quality of life
- Participating in client evaluations through task analysis and other requested assessment devices
- Providing direct service as needed and required
- Performing all duties of a direct service provider as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES CAN INCLUDE:
- Respite care in the home
- Behavioral intervention/support
- Problem solving
- Life and social skill help
- Medical management
- Incontinent needs
- Lifting/transferring of individuals
- Safety awareness
- Record keeping
ABOUT OUR CRISIS SERVICES:
- Hours worked in crisis services will provide an additional $2 per hour of pay!
- These services are for clients who are in need of emergency support; this can be behavioral or situational
- Hours are not guaranteed, but opportunities are fairly constant
- These services include de-escalation and therapeutic support
- Changes in scheduling may be impromptu (flexibility is necessary)
- This is ideal for someone with previous experience in direct care services
As a Direct Service Aide and part of our team as a catalyst, you will build professional relationships that inspire clients to reach their potential. Catalysts are positive role models and encouraging souls when a client is facing a challenging day. We are committed to advocacy and ensuring client rights are respected. On a day to day basis we work guided by our core values of resourcefulness, compassion, empathy, respect and trust.
Form Connections. Find Meaning. Foster Success.