A progressive Washington, DC research firm is seeking a full-time media affairs specialist to handle media relations and critical communications tasks for a public opinion research company. Working with the Senior Director of Communications, the media affairs specialist will implement the company's external communications strategy to support the company's objectives and increase the organization's visibility in earned media. We work closely with high-profile political organizations, advocacy groups, and political candidates, so an interest in electoral politics, social activism, and advocacy work is preferred.
HIT Strategies is a small but rapidly growing polling, messaging, and strategy firm that uses innovative research methods to understand, communicate with and mobilize some of the hardest to reach communities in society. Women, millennials (+ Gen-Z), and minorities are irreversibly shifting voting and consumer patterns in America. At HIT Strategies, we apply our lived experiences at the intersections of society to explore and empower these communities so that our partners can realize the full potential of rapid diversification in America.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. As the leading millennial and minority-owned public opinion research firm, our team must reflect the country's incredible diversity. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and groups underrepresented in political research.
- Plan and execute the company’s earned media outreach to promote data, clients, company products, and spokespersons.
- Manage the company’s brand and reputation in earned media.
- Manage and develop a relationship with media contact. Outreach to media on behalf of the company for media interviews, print stories, and radio and television appearances.
- Work cross-functionally with digital, web, and marketing team members on integrated communications planning
- Respond to news cycles and help with strategies to position HIT as a thought leader in rapidly moving political news cycle
- Develop, plan, and coordinate media events with strategic partners and clients.
- Write press releases, talking points, op-eds, and other media-relations assets to communicate research and data to the media and political stakeholders
- Support rapid response and reactive media strategy around the company's core issue areas and groups.
- Conduct media training and prepare staff for interviews and press events