We are committed to having an applicant pool for this position that reflects the diversity of the people we serve, and we highly encourage Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and Queer folks to apply.
Studies have shown that women and Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We know that the best candidates for this job might include individuals who haven’t engaged in traditional educational systems, and if this position speaks to you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in a human services field and meet State guidelines for QMHP required.
- At least two years’ experience in mental health or substance use support services required.
- Credential in Chemical Dependency counseling equivalent to CADC I required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or approved medical or religious exception on file is required
- Valid driver’s license
- ability to be insured to drive participants in agency vehicle and car share.
Desired but not required:
- Dual diagnosis counseling experience preferred.
- Experience with relevant treatment models including Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Individual Placement and Support (IPS), and Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment (IDDT) preferred.
- Experience and/or desire to follow the HIPPA rules and regulations
- The desire to work in public health and/or community engagement
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
This job includes working in a standard office environment as well as a variety of community locations to offer community-based treatment. This means that the employee will meet with participants in community locations which may include the participant’s home, hospital, and other surrounding community settings. The employee will be responsible for transporting participants in a rented vehicle.
Please follow the link of the position for which you wish to apply and complete the online application. A resume and cover letter are requested. You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How would this position contribute to the pursuit of your long-term professional goals?
- If you were selected for this position, how would you use your skills and experience to contribute to equity, inclusion, and community growth at Outside In?
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.