Authorizes regulates and controls flights according to government and company regulations to expedite and ensure the safety of flight.
- Request amount of fuel, oil, deicing needed to line service from student or instructor, and fuel regulations prescribed by Federal Aviation Agency.
- Guide and direct students in scheduling flight operations and utilization of aircraft.
- Responsible for arrival/end-of-day inspection of the for security.
- Schedule, plan, and control the dispatch of aircraft, report all schedule changes, and student/instructor “no shows” daily.
- Review documentation to release flight for takeoff including financial means to pay for flight scheduling flight.
- Coordinate with instructors to ensure students for flight.
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance on requirements and estimated time in commission (ETIC).
- Ensure aircraft maintenance schedules and aircraft time in service does not ADs and 100-hour inspection intervals.
- Prepare log of flights, delays, and cancellations, and list reasons for changes in schedule or flight plans.
- Complete reports as required.
- Maintain dispatch area in a professional manner and enforce the Student Code of Conduct rules while a positive, customer-friendly attitude.
- Work a flexible schedule when required due to business necessity.
- Ensure compliance with all Spartan policies and procedures related to flight and dispatch operations.
- Perform other incidental duties as may be assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- One to three month’s related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No or very limited physical efforts required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear.
Spartan College provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
In keeping with the above conviction, Spartan College is committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law;
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; and all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.