Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented professionals who are not only passionate about working with children with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our vision, we encourage you to apply!
We’re looking for a professional Long Term Substitute Teacher's Aide with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an upbeat attitude. To be successful in this position, candidates should have a patient and calm nature, ability to encourage and support the classroom teacher and a willingness to help in a positive and constructive manner. Most importantly, the Long Term Substitute Teacher's Aide should have a genuine desire to love and teach children with special needs.
- Assisting the classroom team in implementing a quality, child-centered program.
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive classroom atmosphere that supports each child's individual growth and development.
- Work with individual children or small groups of children to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Experience working with developmentally challenged individuals preferred.
This is a substitute, no benefits position. Rate of pay is $13.00/hr
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran