Position Title: Success Navigator
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Director, Corpsmember Support
FLSA Status: Full-time / Non-Exempt (hourly)
Compensation: $26.44 to $31.25 per hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with occasional weekend work
Location: This position is 100% in-person, located at 1560 Berger Drive.
Travel: Local travel may be required up to 35% of the time.
About the San Jose Conservation Corps (SJCC+CS):
San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School develops young adults to create transformational change for our community and our planet. Our vision is for a hopeful and sustainable community that nurtures the aspirations of all young people. We believe in Service to Self, Service to Community, and Service to Environment. For more information about the Corps, visit www.sjcccs.org.
The Success Navigator will provide a robust mix of services including outreach and recruitment, support service referrals with follow-up, case management, academic and employment advocacy, leadership development, and postsecondary exploration and bridging. The Success Navigator supports the CFET Support Services department and Corpsmembers and students in meeting barriers to success through an empathetic approach. The Success Navigator is a relationships expert with the ability to create authentic relationships with Corpsmembers, students, and staff, and leverage community relationships to support Corpsmembers and students toward personal and educational success as a support service outcome.
Support Services Referrals and Follow-up
- Hold open office hours on campus, and assiduously cultivate an environment welcoming to Corpsmembers and students in an atmosphere of possibility
- Proactively identify and address potential barriers while reactively addressing crises and barriers that arise.
- Provide support service referrals and case management to Corpsmembers in income, housing, food, health care, transportation, childcare, legal, wellbeing, and pregnancy care.
- Meet in-person or virtually with Corpsmembers.
- Conduct bi-weekly check-ins with all Corpsmembers on caseload; providing more intensive support and advocacy as needed.
- Support Corpsmembers and students in accessing the educational resources necessary to persist in and complete secondary education.
Off-Site Presence / Travel
- Travel between SJCC locations, job sites, and off-site locations such as local government administration or judicial branches.
Data Input and Reporting
- Enter all data on-time and accurately to support program evaluation and outcomes tracking and ensure proper and timely documentation of services
- Conduct CFET outreach and recruitment with appropriate documentation, data tracking and services
- Conduct future-focused and spark-finding assessments and co-facilitate life skills workshops.
- Track Corpsmember progress and report on success, barriers, and areas of improvement.
- Attend meetings, appointments, and/or phone calls virtually or in-person as needed.
- Co-facilitate restorative justice circles to build relationships, strengthen community, and prevent conflict.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across agencies, institutions, and systems
- Collaborate with school and job-training personnel to track corpsmember progress and address any employment related issues that may impede in their ability to thrive.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $26.44 to $31.25 per hour. Placement on the compensation scale is determined using a number of factors, including the candidate’s level of experience and education that either meets or significantly exceeds the minimum requirements.
- 403(b) Retirement Benefits with up to 3% employer match after 1 year of service
- Credit Union and Employee Assistance Plan
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Pay
- Education Assistance Program
- Subsidized annual Eco Pass
Work Environment & Requirements
Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. The incumbent may be required to drive a vehicle up to 35% of the time. The position may require the incumbent to occasionally lift up to 25lbs. Additionally, the position requires far and near vision when driving, reading, and using a computer. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and personal service. The nature of the work may require the incumbent to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.
Equipment Used: Desktop computer, laptop computer, keyboard, mouse, cellular phone, handheld (wired) phone, personal vehicle or company vehicle (sedan).
Reasonable Accommodations: The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, SJCC+CS will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact HOwens@sjcccs.org.
NOTICE: The statements herein are intended to give a broad description of this job function and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties and/or projects may be assigned.
SJCC Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Corps and School does not discriminate based on an individual's race, sex, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, hair style, hair texture or any other basis prohibited by law. Working at SJCC+CS means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. SJCC+CS makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
The San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School is an “At-Will” employer. This means that employment with SJCC+CS is voluntarily entered into and staff members are free to resign at any time. Similarly, SJCC+CS may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or prior notice, as it deems appropriate. This at-will employment relationship can be changed only in a written agreement signed by the staff member and the Executive Director of SJCC+CS.
**SJCC+CS IS A MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION EMPLOYER**
All new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination absent an approved medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. If a new hire is in the process of being vaccinated, their start date may be adjusted to a future date after they have been vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means at it has been at least two weeks since the person has completed the entire recommended initial series of a COVID-19 vaccine.
To apply, please complete an application via the San Jose Conservation Corps’ website at www.sjcccs.org/jobs. The application deadline is 11:59 PM on August 31, 2023.
Please allow adequate time to complete the application and submit before the deadline or the system may not save your application. If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided.
Please contact Hefziba Owens, Recruiter / Onboarding Specialist via email at HOwens@sjcccs.org if you have any questions.