Advanced Lodging Concepts Inc is a family-owned company known for its dedication to customer service and a positive work environment. We're looking for the best and brightest to take our business to the next level. We provide consulting services to multiple hospitality brands. Our services include accounting, legal, marketing, strategy, technology, sales and operational management, support, and training.
The Copywriting Extraordinaire is primarily responsible for working with the Business Development and Public Affairs teams in creating copy for targeted mailers, press releases, print articles and letters to the editor. The Copywriting Extraordinaire will assist in building a creative and integrated sales, marketing and public affairs programs that build brand awareness communicate messages that are imperative for our business. This position may also include ghost-writing business-related publications.
Areas of Responsibility and Duties
- Help in implementing the company’s strategic business plan
- Create compelling copy for mail campaigns across broad markets and locally targeted markets
- Monitor local publication for relevant articles and current events
- Write letters to the editor on business related topics
- Draft press releases for market openings and business initiatives
- Ghost-write articles and/or books for Sr. Executives on business related topics
- Performs related and other special duties as required or directed
- Organized and detail oriented – takes the time to ensure the job is completed and correct
- Communication – able to effectively communicate company messaging
- Adaptable and flexible – enjoys doing work that may require frequent shifts in direction
- Solution oriented – collect and analyze information, problem-solve and improve efficiency
- Reliability – is dependable, consistent and does not have attendance issues
- Achievement oriented – enjoys seeing tasks through to completion and hitting goals
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn and use new software and tools
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years of copywriting or journalism experience
This position operates in a professional work environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional travel to regional offices and properties may be required. All Advanced Lodging Concepts employees are required to pass a background check before being hired.
This job is primarily performed at a stationary desk in an office and can be done sitting or standing. Lifting/moving requirements are generally 10 pounds or less. There may be occasional need to crouch, stoop and bend. Normal workdays are between eight and ten hours and overtime may be needed to fulfill job duties.