Project Control, a subsidiary of Raba Kistner, is a premiere Owner's Representative, Program and Project Management firm.
Senior Project Manager Primary Function:
The Senior Project Manager (herein referred to as Manager) of Project Control will be primarily responsible for serving as a Project Manager on projects, expanding, as well as marketing Project Control commercial construction.
Employee shall have the following minimum duties and responsibilities:
- Provide mentorship and professional development to other professional, technical, clerical and support staff employees as required.
- Participate in monitoring our professional practice to ensure it is in substantial compliance with generally accepted practice.
- Prepare or direct proposal preparation, scope development, and manage sub-consultants activities and budgets as required.
- Provide review on all Project Control proposals and qualifications statements as necessary or requested.
- Plan, coordinate and document satisfactory training of all subordinate members.
- An advocate for the owner and makes recommendations to the owner relating to owners best interests.
- Coordinate on-going communications between all parties.
- Develop project requirements, budgets and schedules.
- Review the maintenance of the risk register.
- Review the project quality plan including quality control and quality assurance during design, construction, and commissioning.
- Create the selection criteria for design and construction resources and lead negotiations.
- Coordinate design activities.
- Represent the client/owner as requested in all meetings.
- Assist with furniture, fixtures and equipment requirements and coordination for incorporation in the project.
- Conduct project related meetings.
- Prepare monthly reports and detailed minutes of Project Meetings in a timely fashion.
- Review project drawings and specifications.
- Review/recommend approval of contractors construction GMAX pricing, proposed subcontractor buy-out, RFIs, change order pricing, submittal status, and reports.
- Review/recommend approval A/E additional service requests.
- Monitor scope, schedule, budget, and quality for variance and corrective actions.
- Provide timely reports and notices to all stakeholders on project requirement, scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Keep Direct Report informed on project status, risk issues, and corrective actions.
- Potential exposure to movement of heavy equipment on construction or roadway sites; potential exposure to hazardous dangerous chemicals and solvents, noise, dust, fumes, grease and oils, radiant and electrical energy, and vibration; all of which would require employee to follow proper safety procedures and utilize appropriate protective equipment.
- Position may require protracted or irregular hours. Flexibility to work irregular hours is necessary due to client needs. Work responsibilities may require extended out of town/overnight travel to Raba Kistner offices, client offices and project locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist and support Direct Report in workload forecasting and planning.
- Plan and effectively utilize managerial skills to advance Project Controls profitability and the effectiveness of all staff members.
- Take a positive role in marketing Project Control with assistance of Direct Report and others.
- Notify Direct Report of all potential disputes that may lead to legal claims or litigation.
- Support Direct Report as requested to settle disputes or defend against litigation.