Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to work in our Greenhouse. Greenhouse Production Assistants are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Seeding duties including operation of seeding machines
- Transplant seedlings based on quality standards
- Identify and cull plants with pests or disease
- Harvest mature plants
- Move and rearrange growing equipment as needed
- Assist with the loading and unloading of greenhouse materials
- Compost unused plants
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), company food safety policies, company employees safety policies, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Additional duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Lift 50 pounds
- Maintain a steady pace with attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including holidays and weekends
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 90% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.