Immediate opening: Perspectives is looking for a High School Science Teacher.
About Perspectives Charter Schools
All Perspectives Charter Schools will provide scholars with a rigorous and relevant education, based on the ethical principles of A Disciplined Life®, preparing them for life in a changing world and helping them further become intellectually reflective, caring and ethical people engaged in a meaningful life.
All of Perspectives Charter Schools achieved Level 1 or 1+ this year. As one of the first charter schools in Illinois, Perspectives has a long record of preparing scholars for success in college and beyond. Our five schools across the South Side of Chicago offer an education that combines character development and academic rigor through the A Disciplined Life education model.
Our scholars come from some of the most disadvantaged neighborhoods in the country, but they graduate from high school, enroll in college, and persist in college at a rate above the national average. The keys to our success are our dedicated, hard-working, creative, and compassionate teachers.
- Provide an academically rigorous curriculum that aligns with both Perspectives’ standards and the Illinois Teaching Standards
- Prepare lesson plans, outlines and/or syllabus
- Guide and offer independent practices and research activities to foster proficient oral and written expression, critical thinking, applications and ethics
- Offer alternative, performance, force-choice and creative assessments and activities
- Plan and facilitate field studies to support and enhance classroom curriculum
- Maintain accurate student grades, records and/or portfolios
- Provide input and support grade level, subject matter and instructional leader meetings
- Model and teach The Perspectives Way
- Implement and monitor both the school uniform and discipline codes
- Cultivate and support parent and family involvement in school curriculum and school life
- Participate and lead professional development programs
- Participate in CORE and CAMP each summer
- Duties as assigned in support of A Disciplined Life