Public Safety Associates are responsible for the monitoring of safety and security of attractions under the ownership of Answers in Genesis. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Perform general security patrols of all ministry attractions.
- Proficiently operate all Department of Public Safety (DPS) Security Associate equipment, including security vehicles, radios, and computer-related systems.
- Operate facility alarm systems, fire systems and all electronically operated security systems to include both manually and electronically shutting down and opening the facility(s) and monitoring all alarm activity.
- Know and assist in the implementation of security associate policies and procedures including (but not limited to) phone, radio, vehicle, , medical, operational and general departmental SOPs.
- Learn and operate all dispatch center related equipment and procedures so that this associate has the ability to stand in as a console operator.
- Oversee/manage the process of key issuing and general access control management.
- Know and employ company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist the supervisory group with organizing departmental functions and events.
- Maintain the parking permit database and appropriately issue and log permits.
- Provide direction to employees and patrons with regard to security and safety related matters.
- Provide security and related functions at security posts deemed necessary.
- Function as a traffic officer as needed.
- Conduct emergency evacuations as well as conduct related drills and training.
- Act as first responder medical care provider in all medical related incidents.
- Determine severity level of all patients, determine appropriate medical support, and provide necessary care.
- Stay current on all medical related certifications, including Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
- Proficiently operate and maintain all medical related equipment including medical gear and response equipment such vehicles and the departments UTV.
- Monitor, maintain and re-supply medical supplies and gear appropriately.
- Complete incident reporting processes.
- Act as patient advocate in medical cases.
- Act as departmental and patient liaison to outside assisting agencies.
- Provide documentation to both patients and end point medical care providers as appropriate.
- Operate within the scope of all federal, state and company guidelines, rules, regulations, and laws.
- Oversee the companys HIPAA and OSHA compliance as well as all safety regulations.
- Know and employ company safety guidelines and supervise both patron and employee actions in regard to company policy.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Submit all required paperwork to the Human Resources Department
- Successfully complete interview process
- Successfully pass drug screening
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Undergraduate Certificate or Associate degree in a security or public safety related discipline preferred
- Experience in law enforcement, military or private security preferred.