At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, but you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) Director or Senior Manager to join the M&A practice as its TAS Market Leader for the Denver/Mountain West Region.
Our TAS practice is a dynamic and energetic team and has experienced explosive growth over the last 5+ years. While our firm is based in Atlanta, we have started expanding this practice into new geographies. We put boots on the ground in Texas last year as our pilot market for expansion and have had much success adding new clients and strategic referral channels there already. We are looking to do the same in several key markets over the next 5-7 years with Denver as next target market.
By design, our team is structured uniquely as compared to most traditional TAS practices. We generally run a much more autonomous environment where associates can lead deals earlier in their career and build the skill set as well as relationships, they need to be successful to go the distance in any environment. We offer minimal travel and little to no weekend work as we are open about setting expectations with clients. This allows for a much more sustainable career path in TAS – avoiding burnout that is ever so common in this space.
- Comfortable managing, and where needed, rolling up sleeves to contribute to the diligence process:
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives, and utilizes that knowledge throughout engagements.
- Communicates appropriately (both verbally and electronically) to clients, targets, and firm associates.
- Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts and application of those concepts in the financial due diligence work.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of financial data books, including ledger-level build up and trending of the income statement and balance sheet and related sub-schedules.
- Preparation and oversight of quality of earnings, cash proof, working capital, net debt and other ad-hoc financial analyses.
- Ability to oversee the management and preparation of data requests as well as tracking of key issues identified during the deal process.
- Coordination and facilitation of conference calls and management meetings with client and target companies.
- Copious note taking ability as well as project organization and management skills.
- Drafting of quality of earnings / financial due diligence and related reports for clients
- Highly engaged in practice expansion and development efforts
- While working in tandem with practice leadership and business development resources, participate in and lead industry and community networking / business development events to expand current and new professional connections.
- Practices timely and effective communication to practice leadership and engagement team regarding performance, including any related obstacles.
- Proactively recruits and develops talent to help meet practice goals and client needs.
- Gives and receives feedback to minimize repeated errors and apply new concepts.
- Contributes and supports new ideas on internal processes and client engagements.
- Other skills and traits needed for success:
- Comfortable interacting and leading discussions with peers, managers, and clients.
- Ability to work across multiple projects under tight time frames while maintaining precision with our work product.
- Takes ownership of assignments and has an unwavering ability to dig deep on service delivery to ensure precision and timely completion of engagements.
- Demonstrates integrity, objectivity, and a high standard of ethics.