Are you the kind of person who needs to help others to feel fulfilled? We’re looking for team-oriented CNA's who are not only passionate about working with people with special needs, but who also value optimism, creativity, kindness and compassion! We’re proud of our company culture and if you think your values align with our mission and vision, we encourage you to apply!
ENTRY RATE OF PAY - $15.57 hourly. **Must have a Valid NYS Driver's License**
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK - Flexible to the needs of the program – 40 hours weekly/full time. Part time also available. Flexible scheduling.
QUALIFICATIONS - High school diploma or GED. Experience working with ID/DD population preferred. Valid/Acceptable New York State Driver’s License. Must obtain medication certification within 6 months of hire.
RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS – Current New York State certification as a Certified Nurse Assistant.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE – This position assists in the coordination of the total day and residential programs for the People We Support stressing independence, inclusion and individualization with emphasis on the person’s choice. A person centered philosophy will be maintained. Must be progressive and proactive in providing for, arranging for, supervising and documenting services to People We Support to assist with promoting growth toward increasing levels of independence. Complete all required documentation in a timely fashion and in accordance with established agency guidelines and procedures. Will support the Agency’s values by working with measurable signs of PRIDE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely fashion. Ensure that all services are documented and that all documentation is consistent with Waiver requirements, and with agency policy and procedure.
- Assist the People We Support in achieving their valued outcomes and life goals. Promote the development of functional skills.
- Provide guidance to People We Support with Doctors appointments and community activities; assist in arranging or providing transportation. Support staff shall be cleared by the transportation department to drive an agency vehicle and maintain their driving certification. If hired as non-driver or certification is lost, there will be a reduction in pay.
- Attend medical appointments, prepare appointment paperwork and be prepared to discuss medical issues and advocate for the People We Support.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Emergency Files. Will review monthly to ensure most current documents are included.
- Certified Nursing Assistant staff will assist with documenting fire drills as outlined by regulation and departmental procedure.
- Shall communicate all needs of People We Support to the appropriate Supervisor.
- Shall participate in support staff meetings and other discussions regarding program needs and needs of People We Support.
- Promote community inclusion and relationships with non-disabled people as the focus of the programs.
- Provide adequate protective oversight at all times.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and appropriate environment.
- Assist People We Support when crisis intervention may be necessary. Responsible for the implementation and follow through of all ADL, interpersonal skill training and/or support programs for people as outlined in each person’s service plans and Nursing Protocols.
- Complete the OPWDD approved medication course and be required to maintain said certification in order to administer medications as directed by physicians’ orders and agency policy. Once certified will administer medications at least one time weekly.
- Shall attend, and demonstrate proficiency by written examination on all required in-services by achieving 80% competency on the exams.
- Responsible for maintaining current New York State CNA certification.
- Shall report any illness or accident, or changes, or problems in a person’s medical status to the nurse and shall use the appropriate documentation procedure and follow instructions as given.
- Communicate all matters concerning physical plant to the Supervisor.
- Certified Nursing Assistant will be required to accept temporary or permanent transfers within the department as necessary, in order to meet the needs of People We Support.
- If designated, shall be required to act as designated in charge in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Shall be aware of and follow correct procedures for the use of personal money for People We Support and program funds. Ensure proper purchasing of items and correct documentation on all ledgers.
- Participate with bus aide duty, as assigned. (Where applicable)
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services, including van certification.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – Personalized home environment based on the needs of the people who reside in the home.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
OTHER DUTIES – This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sign On Bonus Program:
- Sign on Bonus of $300 after 3 months and $350 after 6 months (full time)
- Sign on Bonus of $150 after 3 months and $175 after 6 months (part time)
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran