We are looking for a fun and energetic team member with a desire to work in the heart of our charming neighborhoods. Must be available Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm. You must be smiley, polite, and have a positive attitude! We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
Tiny's Milk & Cookies is a walk-up bakery, coffee & ice cream shop. We pride ourselves in having one of the best coffee programs in Houston and Austin and are looking for the best baristas to help us maintain that high standard.
Job Purpose: Tiny's Milk & Cookies has one of the best coffee programs in Houston and Austin. Our Baristas care deeply about our culture and will provide a genuine sense of hospitality and exceed guests expectations by providing friendly, authentic, and enthusiastic experience with perfect service.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Barista include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about food, ice cream, coffee, and pastries
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of the food and beverage menus
- Prepare retail area and barista bar for morning, afternoon, and evening service
- Must ensure all guests are well taken care of: monitoring quality control and guest satisfaction
- Ability to interact socially with guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take guests orders, package food, drinks, and pastries
- Food handling, food prep and FIFO
- Learn standardized drink recipes and follow instructions
- Ability to use and maintain quality espresso machine
- Confident and professional salesmanship
- Cash handling of guests checks including credit card payments utilizing a POS system
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly
- Follow recipes to maintain consistency
- Minimal food preparation to include the cleaning and cutting of fruit, prepping almond milk and cold brew
- Must adhere to sanitation and proper food safety protocol
- Answering and directing phone calls in a professional manner
- Close attention to detail
- Must always be 'pressed and tailored,' complying to the dress code policy
- Performs up to the company standards, expectations, and policies
- Perform other duties as directed
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny Boxwoods Productions, we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny Boxwoods Productions the best it can be!
Being part of the Tiny's team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tiny's is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Tiny Boxwoods Productions offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.