We are hiring for a Lifeguard in our Canton, NY Habilitative Program. The lifeguard has the primary responsibility of providing direct supervision and assisting participating staff and individuals during pool programming. The person is required to spend the majority of their time in direct contact with pool participants.
Successful candidate will be a Certified Lifeguard, certified in First Aid and CPR and have experience working with the Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled.
- Provide direct supervision of the pool area to monitor and ensure individual safety
- Will maintain daily participant attendance sheet.
- Will complete accident/incident reports.
- Will ensure daily documentation of all individual’s goals.
- Will maintain weekly contact with Program Director to report progress and ensure open lines of communication.
- Will monitor pool equipment on a daily basis and report repair needs to Program Director.
- Will be responsible for infection control in the locker rooms.
- Will launder suits/towels as needed.
- When pool is closed for any reason, Lifeguard will assume responsibilities/duties assigned by Program Director. These duties include: assisting with community integration opportunities, daily recreational activities, special activities, behavior management, and/or general classroom supervision, as need.
- Other duties as assigned by the director or designee.
The Arc Jefferson St Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disabled/Veteran