Aquatics Fitness Instructors are responsible for aiding participants in achieving their well-being goals in group or individual settings as indicated by Aquatics Manager Duties may include choreographing and delivering classes, building community, and following up with participants. Superb relationship skills, attention to detail and follow-through are required. Basic computer skills are also necessary.
*Different wage classifications and assignments based on certifications and experience. Instructor 3= Specialized training certificate in Yoga and Pilates. Other specialized certifications considered.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Ability to relate well and communicate effectively to a diverse group of individuals, in all circumstances
- Pass a comprehensive background screening
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have current CPR and first-aid certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Leads aquatic group wellness classes according to association curriculum and standards
- Builds and sustains small communities within the YMCA
- Assists in member data collection
- Maintain a general knowledge of all YMCA programs and events
- Acquire and maintain certifications as directed
- Work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Promote volunteer recruitment and retention
- Arrives 15 minutes prior to class and stays 15 minutes after class. Duties during this time include stocking clean towels and emptying dirty towels, connecting with members, assisting instructors teaching classes before and after your class, helping to clean up and set up equipment
- Ensures upkeep of related facilities and equipment
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required and complete all required on-line trainings which includes child abuse prevention training within 7 days of hire.
- Upholds YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting, and risk management. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with youths
ADDITIONAL EXPECTATIONS AND DUTIES:
- Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations in accordance to mandated reporting requirements
- Responsible for general housekeeping tasks to ensure workspace is always clean
- Submits hours worked accurately on electronic time card, within timelines for supervisor approval
- Passion for high standards and believes in the YMCA mission of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility
- Flexible schedule needed as on occasion may need to work evenings and/or weekends
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Private Vehicle, Requesting Reimbursement
- Valid drivers license
- Proof of Insurance
- 18 of age or older
- Valid drivers license
- Driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA standards, driver records request will be submitted
Inside, Studio setting with music playing in the background.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and talk and hear. Incumbent must be able to move freely and quickly throughout the YMCA facility; communicate effectively with people; and use a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The Olympic Peninsula YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer