Mountain View Hospital is looking for a Scheduler/Clerk Assistant to join our team!
Mountain View Hospital and our 29 affiliate clinics are committed to providing compassionate, cutting edge care to our patients. We serve the entire Snake River Valley – all the way from Pocatello to Rexburg. Our medical capabilities span everything from wound care to urgent care, oncology to neurology, physical therapy to speech therapy, a Level III NICU, robust robotic surgery department and a continuously expanding rural health practice.
Our work environment is mission driven, people-centric and supportive. It is what sets apart and makes people excited to come to work each day. If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference in your community, we invite you to apply.
Taking care for our community starts with taking care of our own team. Mountain View Hospital is proud to offer its employees competitive and comprehensive benefit packages. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays and sick days) and Medical Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans (401K with up to 6% match)
- Earned Quarterly Bonus Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Discount for medically necessary procedures performed at Mountain View Hospital and Idaho Falls Community Hospital
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Collaborative and Supportive Work Environment
Please note benefits are based on eligibility according to full-time, part-time or PRN status classification.
JOB SUMMARY: The scheduler/clerk is responsible for the daily organization of activities at the imaging work area/file area, acting as a point of first contact with patients, physicians, and medical staff for the Radiology Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In a professional and friendly manner, answers incoming phone calls, facilitates scheduling of exams, dispenses exam preparations and instructions, transfers calls to appropriate personnel and responds to general imaging questions.
2. Secures physician orders and uses all patient information for charting, billing and record keeping purposes.
3. Accurately and in a timely manner processes requests for films to be sent to other facilities and physician’s offices.
4. Assists in accepting and processing incoming films from other facilities as well as films being returned to MVH.
5. Assists in filing reports, patient records and x-rays.
6. Assists the schedulers, technologists, and other coworkers in the department as needed.
7. Assists with calling and confirming patient’s appointments.
8. Maintains flexibility as department grows with willingness to accept additional responsibilities requested by department director.
9. Acts professional in every situation: patient, co-worker or intradepartmental.
10. Recognizes that many people we see are at a low point in their lives and will show compassion for them even if it is only a smile.
11. Protects information that is sensitive, proprietary or confidential in nature. Adheres to Patient Rights Policy and patient confidentiality standards.
12. Works to provide functional and safe surroundings for patients and staff (i.e., safety, security, infection control, etc.). Strives to always promote personal and patient safety. Demonstrates awareness of the location of applicable hospital and department specific manuals.
13. Completes all annual mandatory education requirements (including hospital, department, and job specific competencies).
14. Attends the required number of staff meetings per department standard.
15. Arrives at work station and is ready to work at the designated start time.
16. Is willing to do assignments, cross-training, or tasks within the scope of his/her job description, as asked by the manager, which are deemed necessary to meet the needs of the department.
17. Maintains adaptability. Adapts to change in a positive and professional manner. Accepts responsibility for his/her actions, attitudes and mistakes without placing blame.
18. Is accountable for completing all assigned responsibilities/tasks and takes action when opportunities to improve are identified.
19. Promotes effective working relationship and works effectively as a part of the department/team to facilitate the hospital and department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.