Training and Experience:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of recent and relevant experience working in the dental field and dental administration with a Dental Assistant Certificate or a minimum of 3 years of recent and relevant experience working in the dental field and dental administration without a Dental Assistant Certificate.
- X-ray license issued by the Dental Board of California or willing to get the license within the first 45 days of employment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- CPR Certified
- Universal precautions and infection control
- OSHA and HIPAA regulations
- Dental Terminology
- Dental materials and usage
- HIV/AIDS medical issues (preferred but not required)
- Microsoft Office Software Programs
- Fluently speak in the Spanish Language
- Work independently and responsibly
- Treat patients with respect, compassion, and confidentiality
- Work effectively as a team member in a busy dental practice
- Be self-motivated and maintain the commitment to excellence of APLA Health & Wellness
- Learn and become proficient with eClinicals Works, Dexis, KaVo OP3D
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. COVID vaccination and booster or religious/medical exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/transgender/disability/veteran.