Apply your technical skills to truly make a difference in the fight against climate change and inequity of its impacts. The Senior Researcher role at Slipstream is part of our Research Team where we study, develop, and test the next generation of energy solutions across multiple sectors of the economy.
Our ideal Senior Researcher has experience in proposing, conducting, and managing research and analysis of various energy systems in buildings, communities, and distributed energy resources (DER). You are an analytical thinker and familiar with research methodologies. You have an energy engineering research background, and an ability to solve complex engineering problems.You have excellent project management and research proposal writing skills. You want to creatively address climate change using your technical skills and your curiosity. You thrive in a collegial and collaborative environment with a diverse group of researchers. Show us how you collaborate and how you include under-represented perspectives to drive better ideas.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds. You are the key to the success of our organization by demonstrating our values, engaging in our mission, and creating results that will produce enduring economic and environmental benefits for all. We welcome candidates from anywhere in the continental U.S. The current geographic focus of our work is the Midwest and New England, so locating there is a plus.
What you’ll do:
- Manage research and development projects, including cross-functional teams, and report results internally, to clients, and to the broader industry.
- Conduct analysis of energy systems in buildings and communities including HVAC, renewable energy, vehicle charging, or controls.
- Conduct field research by visiting buildings and other facilities to gather information and data, which may include measurements of energy, comfort, air quality, and other outcomes.
- Recommend designs and strategies to integrate distributed energy resources (e.g., energy storage, photovoltaic (PV), etc.) and other emerging technologies.
- Serve as a technical resource for various teams throughout Slipstream.
- Develop new business, services, and research projects for Slipstream.