About PTI Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Our Auto Ramp Services division focuses on supporting the railroad industry with unloading vehicles off rail cars.
As a PTI Unload/Auto Handler, you will be responsible for safe and quality handling of customer and company property, specifically, movement of vehicles on/off railroad equipment. This position works outside in all types of weather, driving, and unloading vehicles to and from rail cars. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then this is for you. Shift options include days and usually at least one weekend day. No prior experience required!
- Must safely adjust rail cars to set up unloading out of the rail cars.
- Must safely move vehicles off the rail car to set up for pick up or shipment.
- Must drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles, including oversized vehicles.
- Work in tight and narrow spaces.
- Participate in job briefings with the Supervisors and crew prior to work beginning.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as safety vest, or high vis shirts, safety glasses at times, hearing protection and safety toe boots, when required.
- Maintain clear communication with other crew members while moving vehicles.
- Inspect all rail equipment and vehicles to ensure there is no damage and notify the operator and supervisor immediately if damage is found.
- Handle all rail equipment and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness and organization within the auto yard facility, attention to the ground surfaces to include (potholes, debris and/or slippery conditions).