By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
The responsibilities of this position are to assist the protein product development team in the area of recombinant protein expression. This involves the preparation of expression vectors, cell culture, and screening procedures. The position involves various techniques such recombinant DNA cloning, DNA preparation, high-throughput screening, and DNA sequence analysis. It will also include developing new data processing and analysis tools to further enhance our capabilities and platforms.
This is an exciting time to join the Protein Development team at Bio-Techne. This position offers a unique opportunity to work hands on in developing cutting-edge technologies and instrumentation.
- Utilize DNA cloning methods to generate and test new clones for expression of recombinant proteins
- Analyze expression levels using techniques such as gel electrophoresis, immunoassays, bioassays, quantitative RT-PCR, RNA-Seq, and other applicable techniques
- Conduct experiments with the purpose of improving recombinant protein yields, quality, and process efficiency
- Carry out high-throughput sample handling, preparation, and data analysis
- Analyzing and evaluating DNA sequencing data
- Effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary team on development of new products and services
- Perform data entry and analysis, prepare reports. Share data at meetings with fellow employees
- Share basic lab duties by preparing stock solutions, buffers, and media, as well as general lab/instrument cleaning and maintenance
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned