Registered Nurse - Home Hospice and/or Inpatient Center Float, Flex
Mission Statement: Providing comfort, care and meaning at the end of life.
Come work in an environment that will make you glad you're a health care professional! Use your skills to provide high quality home care to terminally ill patients.
Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for RNs to work in home hospice and/or the inpatient center on a flex time basis.
The RN assesses the initial and ongoing changes in the patients disease progression and the impact on the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs for adaptive equipment or durable medical equipment. The RN will also assess the caregiver and provide teaching and support as appropriate for meeting the patients and families needs.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of Medicare Hospice Benefit, philosophy and specific criteria to establish eligibility for inpatient admission to the appropriate level of care.
- Knowledge of specialized nursing skills for pain and symptom management and end-of-life care.
- Knowledge of county and state regulations for time of death care including coroner case protocols.
- Integrates and demonstrates excellent standard infection control practice in all aspects of patient and family care and teaching opportunities.
- Uses the nursing process to assess patient care needs and applies to the plan of care.
- Evaluates and implements physician orders and plan of care, reporting response and patient condition changes to attending physician, medical director and IDT members as appropriate.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedules and shared responsibility for delivery of care.
- Uses excellent organizational and communication skills to prioritize, supervise and manage daily work for self and other care team members.
- Able to use computerized charting and document within work shift.