Do you have the skills?
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong research, content analysis, and content preparation skills.
- Experience in leading and managing multiple, complex projects, and the ability to schedule, prioritize and meet varied deadlines across these projects.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills, while working with diverse content and populations.
- Proven ability to stay current with rapidly changing technologies.
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous, and well poised.
- Masters degree in Instructional Design, Education, or equivalent field.
- One year of experience working in a full-time instructional design capacity, collaborating directly with faculty in online curriculum building and course development.
- Experience developing non-traditional learning experiences, micro-credentials, and/or badging.
- Proven knowledge of instructional design strategies, along with the current techniques, tools, and procedures used in the design, development, and evaluation of technology-enhanced and online courses and programs.
- Experience with graphic design and AV elements appropriate for online instruction, especially using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Experience in online classroom teaching or workshop facilitation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Matters, Online Learning Consortium, and similar online learning rubrics.
- Familiarity with Universal Design and other accessibility principles to ensure course content is accessible to all learners.
- Demonstrated competence in working with learning management systems, such as Canvas.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Are you contemplating the job but uncertain if you should apply? We encourage you to reach out to us regardless. At our company, we acknowledge that not everyone begins their professional journey with equal advantages, opportunities, or privileges. Therefore, we value your unique skills and experiences. Take a chance and submit your application; you may be precisely the individual we're searching for!
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity Environmental University Headquarters, Unity Environmental University Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental Professions, and the School of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, weekends. Working extended hours may be required as needed and Unity Environmental University employees must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling their responsibilities while meeting the Colleges needs.
Although At Unity Environmental University Enterprise employees are generally scheduled to work at their base location, there are times when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any At Unity Environmental University location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping, and turning, and fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the telephone for internal and external communications.
Unity Environmental University offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays off
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit - ability to work from home
- Retirement Plan with up to 8% match
- Relocation Assistance