ORBA is a certified public accounting and financial advisory firm where individuals and stakeholders of small to mid-sized organizations go to build meaningful, one-on-one relationships with an experienced, resourceful, proactive business partner. What separates ORBA are the connections our clients develop in a one-on-one relationship with a proactive partner supported by the resources, people and expertise available within the firm. With exceptional employee retention rates and being honored as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces (Chicago Tribune, 2021) and Top Workplaces USA (2022) by our very own staff, it’s a fact that ORBA is a great place to work.
ORBA is looking for a self motivated Administrative Assistant to support multiple directors throughout the firm. We are looking for someone who is able to multitask and provide a high level of support by performing a variety of administrative tasks.
What we offer:
- Flexible summer hours and convenient downtown Chicago location
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and appropriate attire at clients)
- Discounted gym membership
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Fun firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time off and holiday time
- 15% referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and a broad range of insurance programs
What you will do:
- Meets internal deadlines to match the client expectations for timely delivery of service.
- Handles regular correspondence with clients as delegated by Directors.
- Interaction and communication with Directors’ clients.
- Schedules appointments and keeps appointment calendars for multiple Directors using Microsoft Outlook.
- Prepares responses to client notices received from the IRS and other government body agencies.
- Arranges for meetings and conferences.
- Transcribes handwritten notes into documents.
- Receives, reads and routes incoming mail to Director.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Edits and completes agreements according to Director’s notes and preferences.
- Maintains files of correspondence and other records.
- Maintains control files of matters in progress.
- Enters Director’s time and expenses into appropriate system.
- Prepares monthly billing invoices and account statements for each assigned Director.
- Answers telephone and answers routine questions or routes calls to appropriate staff members.
- Serves as backup to receptionist at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Performs simple bookkeeping and journal entries using QuickBooks.
- Ensures client data is collected in a timely manner to comply with filing requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.