This position is primarily responsible for assisting with radio operations and production tasks, music library maintenance, and community events. It also includes serving as board operator during live network broadcasts, and may include performing on-air shifts as a regular or substitute host, at the discretion of the Assistant Program Director, WHRO FM.
- Performs radio operations and production tasks as assigned.
- Assists with building and maintaining the classical music library collection.
- Downloads and imports music files and programs, sets up automation logs, and handles other operational duties as needed.
- Assists with producing interviews and other audio features for broadcast and digital as assigned.
- Serves as board operator for live Metropolitan Opera broadcasts, and other live network broadcasts as assigned.
- Operates on-air and production studio equipment in accordance with established station and FCC guidelines.
- Researches, produces and hosts programs as assigned. Oversees on-air operation of radio station during on-air shift.
- Maintains complete list of music played for ASCAP/BMI/Sound Exchange reporting.
- Contributes audio and written content for promotions, publications, and weekly newsletters/digital media as assigned.
- Engages audience through social media in collaboration with Marketing.
- Provides programming information to Marketing and Operations.
- Assists with Community Outreach implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.