Under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Business, the faculty member performs duties relative to service of faculty, staff, students, and the general public in carrying out functions of the School of Business.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Duties and responsibilities listed are essential job functions and exclude functions which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
- Assist the university in implementing the Statement of Purpose
- Assist the university in implementing the long-range institutional and financial plans
- Provide feedback for the development of the curriculum, processes, and academic practices for the School of Business on the Hattiesburg and/or Tradition campuses.
- Provide effective classroom instruction.
- Promote relationships between WCU and School of Business alumni.
- Serve the college through activities such as advising, serving on committees, recruitment of students, and attendance at college functions.
- Promote the university through participation in religious, civic, cultural, educational, and/or business activities.
- Participate in the annual evaluation of the effectiveness of the business programs at WCU.
- Fulfill all contractual obligations, including job-related duties outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
- Participate in professional development activities annually.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting.
- Must have vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to lift and carry 25 pounds