Media Prep Lead Technician:
Fall Creek is creating a world with better blueberries through its friendly, collaborative team spread across the globe. To help us accomplish this, we are seeking a qualified Media Prep Lead Technician. This position will be located in Lowell, Oregon.
The Fall Creek Media Prep Lead Technician is responsible for ensuring that media and related supplies are prepared and delivered to all lab units on time, and as specified. This role requires high attention to detail, organization, ability to multitask, and to have clear communication with end-users, team members, and service providers.
What you will do at Fall Creek:
- Oversee the Media Prep schedule and day-to-day activities of the Media Prep Team.
- Prepare Media and stocks.
- Administer all aspects of supply inventory.
- Maintain Media Prep facility equipment.
- Assist with implementation and development of QC processes.
- Train Media Prep team members in proper use of equipment and media preparation protocols.
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work well with people from different ethnic backgrounds, as well as varying English language skills.
- Degree, advanced training, or courses in chemistry and/or biological sciences, or 2+ years of related working experience.
- High attention to detail and the ability to recognize and observe small deviations.
- The ability to read, communicate, and follow detailed instructions, directions, recipes, and protocols in English.
- The ability to work in a clean environment with limited access to the outdoors.
Who is Fall Creek?
We’re a US-based company with a keen focus on blueberry genetics, plants, and grower support delivered to the world’s premier blueberry growers. From our humble beginnings in Lowell, Oregon more than 40 years ago, we now also have wholly-owned nurseries in Mexico, Peru, and Spain. Additionally, we have built a global team of the finest breeders, researchers, propagators and nursery professionals, grower support technicians, sales and customer service experts and more. We’re a deeply-planted link in a global chain, ready to serve our customers and our industry throughout North, Central, and South America, Greater Europe, and Africa. Our mission is to serve the growers and to support the blueberry industry, helping to ensure growers maximize success through our delivery of the best genetics and plants, technical know-how and global market intelligence. To fulfill our mission, we focus on cultivating exceptional plants, building strong relationships and providing responsive customer service. This is all part of how we’re helping to build A World with Better Blueberries™.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401K plan. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background, and reference check standards. EOE