The position of Technical Publications Engineer must have these qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in and engineering or technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the primary responsibilities in authoring of technical publications documents.
- 3+ years of technical writing or technical publications experience, to include using industry standards to develop/revise technical documents in word processing applications.
- Prior knowledge and experience with aircraft installations, modifications and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets, and engineering drawings.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft system methodology gained through practical experience is required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data is required. Experience with 3-D data is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft/hand tools, test equipment, parts nomenclature, maintenance procedures, and aircraft equipment (obtained through experience, research, or training) is required.
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (14 CFR Part 21, 23, 25, 145).
- Ability to work in and around the aircraft and tight spaces (avionics bays, etc).
- Travel on occasion.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced typing skills are required.
- Experienced in electrical design CAD package(s).
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Exposure to aircraft modifications (AMT, repairman, A&P, etc), FAA and aircraft OEM standard practices, and FAA certification
- Experience and skill with authoring and publishing software tools such as Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe FrameMaker. Competence with graphics tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop desired.
- NCATT certification