We are looking for an experienced Prep Cook to work with our kitchen team. Hours are full time 5am-1pm or 7am-pm. Must have weekend availability. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
About our culture...
Here at Tiny Boxwoods we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny Boxwoods the best it can be!
Being part of the Tinys team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tinys is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: Prepare food to the specifications and standards set by the Executive Chef. A Prep Cook is expected to prepare food and set up stations in a fast, quick-paced and hot environment.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Prep Cook include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about food
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of the food menus
- Organize timing of food preparation for service
- Controls inventories of food with minimal loss
- Safely handles and holds food at correct temperatures
- Prepares correct amount of food based on the amounts provided by the Executive Chef
- Restock line with prepped items
- Assist Chefs in creating standardized recipes for all prepped items
- Basic knife skills
- Helps maintain recipe books
- Assists in putting away orders and daily organization of the kitchen
- Must adhere to sanitation, safety and food regulations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Performs up to company standards and expectations
- Clear communication and teamwork
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistent and dependable
- Must monitor quality control and guest satisfaction
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work ethic under extreme stress
- Must treat others with respect at all times
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance, meeting the Pressed and Tailored standard
- Various cleaning tasks and side work
- Performs other duties as assigned
Tiny Boxwoods offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.