The Classroom Assistant supports the Fleet Mission Statement and Visitor Experience Philosophy by supporting educational programming designed for school groups and public audiences. This position will assist in providing hands-on, inquiry based educational programming and provide support for onsite programming to ensure their success. Position reports to Youth Engagement Manager and School Programs Manager.
This is a seasonal position supporting our Summer 2022 Educational Programs.
Summer Program Dates: Monday, June 20 - Friday, August 19
Training Dates: Thursday, June 9 - Saturday, June 11 AND Tuesday, June 14 - Friday, June 17
Reports to: Education Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Provide exemplary customer service: handle questions, comments and/or complaints regarding education programs and events professionally and tactfully.
- Maintain timekeeping accuracy and meet timekeeping deadlines as established by department and the Fleet.
- Preparation, set-up and clean-up of class supplies, equipment and classrooms.
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for classers and their families.
- Assist at drop-off, pick-up and lunch times.
- 6Inspire classes in a positive and engaging manner.
- Represent oneself and the Museum in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Ensure the highest level of safety both physically and emotionally.
- Follow Museum policy and procedure.
- Opportunities to teach and lead lessons and activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Educators or Education Coordinators.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.