Help Us Change Lives: Auberle Seeks
Placement Stability Specialist – Part-time
Auberle is a nationally recognized, award winning human service organization that serves thousands of children and families each year. For more than 60 years we have been helping build strong individuals, families and communities. Auberle is a faith-based entity dedicated to delivering excellent care that is rooted in trauma-informed practices. Auberle’s staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding the most innovative ways to solve our community’s most difficult problems. We are seeking a creative, caring individual to fill an immediate need for Placement Stability Specialist.
Auberle’s Placement Programs provide 24-hour care for children and youth experiencing issues or family problems severe enough to keep them from remaining at home or with a family member. Auberle staff work in tandem with placing agencies to transition children and youth into a permanent living arrangement – whatever that may be. This position requires travel to client homes and other locations, the ability to maintain a flexible workweek, scheduling sessions at times that are convenient for families, including evenings; and being available by phone 24/7 to client families.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Conduct client-interactive, comprehensive, strength and behavior-focused assessments.
- Collaborate with family members in developing intervention goals and service plans. Monitor progress, analyze barriers to goal achievement, and help families revise goals or plans as needed.
- Conduct assessment of a child's needs and problem areas before and after placement, as well as working with children who need intensive intervention related to adjustment issues after placement.
- Utilize motivation enhancement strategies to increase client motivation to change.
- Provide a range of clinical, concrete and advocacy services to family members that are tailored to each family’s values, learning styles, lifestyle, circumstances and culture.
- Utilize research-based cognitive and behavioral strategies to facilitate behavior change.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods to help families acquire, maintain and generalize skills.
- Collaborate and advocate with formal and informal community resources and systems, while teaching family members to advocate for themselves.
- Assess goal attainment and plan for maintenance of progress with family.
This position requires a graduate degree in social work, psychology, human services or related field; OR an undergraduate degree and at least two years of experience working with children and families. A valid PA driver’s license, registration, vehicle and proof of insurance are required. Must be 21 years of age or older and required to process Acts 33/34 (child and criminal) as well as FBI clearances. Pre-employment drug screening and random employment drug testing required.
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package. If you are highly motivate, passionate about youth and interested in making a difference – be sure to apply on the Auberle website, www.auberle.org. EOE.