Title: Loan Operations Supervisor Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Loan Operations Location: Headquarters
Reports To: SVP Loan Operations
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Loan Operations, the Loan Operations Supervisor is responsible for the general supervision of the day to day operational duties of servicing, commercial, residential and consumer loan portfolios. In this role the incumbent will be responsible to perform functions necessary within scope of authority to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers, including performing loan maintenance, Quality Control, booking of new loans to the core system, trouble shooting, resolving complex issues and ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance requirements.
Additionally, it is expected that this position will assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole, acting as a resource for other team members in the Loan Operations Department and embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive, other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for monitoring the day to day operations of the department to ensure all necessary tasks are complete and accurate as well as daily hands on support of the operational tasks for the servicing of the commercial, residential and consumer loan portfolios.
- Assist with the direction and administration of all aspects of loan servicing including but not limited to: Data Integrity, data management, system administration, Quality Control and booking of new loans to the core system, Escrow Activities, performing various loan maintenance transactions to include Participation Loans, Secondary Market Activities, Ordering of Appraisals for new residential and/or consumer loan portfolio and payoff/discharges.
- Takes a leadership role while completing high-level duties and assignments and provides guidance, error resolution and support to staff and customers with complex and difficult tasks.
- Keep abreast of current and new regulations changes related to CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rules, State and Federal regulation.
- Responsible for the accurate implementation of existing policies, procedures, governmental regulations and systems
- Acts as a backup in the absence of the Senior Vice President of Loan Operations
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues from both internal and external customers for all aspects of a servicing loan portfolio
- Monitor to ensure departmental procedures are up to date, making necessary changes to increase productivity while improving efficiencies and communicating changes to appropriate staff members.
- Develop and assist loan operations staff with the implementation of lean management strategies to assist the department and bank wide.
- Prepares and completes monthly and quarterly management loan reports
- Responsible for balancing and approval of various General Ledger’s related to Loan Operations.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies, as well as attend all required training sessions and complete all required on-line training courses.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Assist in special projects as may be required /other duties as assigned
In alignment with our core values, Lean Principles and Main Street Guidebook with guidance of and in coordination with department management:
- Supervises assigned staff to schedule and assign work, directing staff according to business needs and established goals and objectives and provide training.
- Monitor and approve timecards and time off requests for all staff members ensuring adequate coverage of department at all times.
- Assist and provide input on performance reviews, employment decisions, coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops staff as necessary
- Demonstrate ability to weight competing priorities and direct staff according to business needs.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for supervising mentoring, and coaching assigned members of the Loan Operations team and to resolve customer issues as needed. Work is non-routine and relies on prior directly related experience and specific bank policies, and programs. Work is not directly supervised, and role is relied upon to provide subject matter content within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Five years of current and progressive experience within the functional area, at least two of which are in a management/supervisory position.
- Solid understanding of Commercial, Residential and Consumer Loan Servicing
- Good working knowledge of Data Processing systems required (FIS preferred)
- Knowledge in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal)
- Solid Understanding of Federal and State regulations; CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rules and Bank guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products and the Internet
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Team orientated
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills,
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Proficient mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develop and maintain relationships within a diverse population of internal and external stakeholders and maintain alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments and with customers, their bank accounts & transactions, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create correspondence letters to customers, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as Bank policies and procedures, standard commercial, residential mortgage loan documents and Notes, Consumer loan documents and Notes, Post-closing Documents and Modifications.
PHYSICAL and WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files, bankers’ box with files)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, greater than 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. retrieve files from another location, training).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment