The Associate Payroll Specialist is responsible for assisting with payroll for all AIG locations. The ideal candidate will grow in experience with multi-state and multi-entity payroll processing. This role will assist the Sr. Payroll Specialist on projects and assists with payroll tax related processing activities. The Associate Payroll Specialist will assist in meeting all deadlines, preparing time and attendance for processing, performing payroll calculations, manual entry and adjustments, auditing results, and reconciling the payroll back to all inputs. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and provides exceptional customer service, provides timely and accurate responses to all employees, HR and Operational leaders. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Will assists in answering questions in the area of payroll processing.
- Primary responsibility is to assists with payroll including processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis and assisting managers with payroll-related issues.
- Helps with reviewing, analyzing, and verifying changes to payroll, payroll reports and supporting documents for accuracy; data entry into Payroll Summary sheet of any changes or payroll transactions that need to take place each payroll.
- Assists with updating all payroll processes to improve efficiencies and accuracy of work.
- Participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations; assists in all communication of payroll procedures for all ministry personnel; assists with maintaining employee handbook with all pay practices.
- Assists with statutory reporting and filing requirements and ensures all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory rules
- Assists with preparing all garnishments and prepares check requests for processing with accounts payable.
- Assist with all internal and external audits related to payroll, including information requests for worker’s compensation audits and the annual audit.
- Other related duties as assigned.