At Lake Shore Cryotronics, there are hundreds of different ways our employees help advance science. The groundbreaking contributions that get satellites into space or high-speed rail on a track can all start with YOU. Come join our team and leave your mark in the history of science that benefits mankind!
We are currently in need of a Technician to contribute to the ongoing success and expansion of our business. We are an established Westerville-based global leader in temperature and magnetic measurement instrumentation serving science and industry.
The position requires the technical skills to use small hand tools to assemble, test, and manufacture high quality products following basic assembly, test, and manufacturing procedures.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- General loading and unloading of temperature sensors onto calibration cryostat probes, including “wet” and “dry” calibration systems.
- Following calibration procedures to calibrate temperature sensors.
- Use of liquid helium and liquid nitrogen in safe manner for use in calibration, including storage and transporting of materials.
- Troubleshooting and investigation of errors with both calibration probes and calibration systems.
- Follow established manufacturing processes with assistance that may include supervision, technical guidance, detailed procedures, or software programs giving step-by-step instructions
- Assemble, test, and calibrate products requiring semi-routine but non-complex processes
- Prepare assemblies or sub-assemblies for release to either internal or external customers
- Complete documentation and quality records before, during, and after calibration runs.
- Control and segregate non-conforming product or materials.
- May require specific interaction with ERP system to ensure inventory and job accuracy.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A two-year technical degree or equivalent
- Functional knowledge of the tools and instrumentation required to perform assigned tasks such as mechanical hand tools, precision measuring equipment, soldering equipment, and handheld multi-meters
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
Preferred candidates will also have the following:
- Basic understanding of physics and/or electrical engineering
- Familiar and comfortable working with chemicals, liquid nitrogen, and liquid helium
- Experience in calibration of product to high standards and identifying product that does not pass criteria
Lake Shore offers a work-life balance with challenging assignments, a focus on health and wellness, social activities, and community outreach. We are a drug and tobacco free company.
- Comprehensive insurance package (medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life, short-term and long-term disability)
- 401k matching
- Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness incentive program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development
- Onsite fitness center
- Work-life balance
Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc., is a privately owned company, in business 50+ years, with an impressive history of continued growth and profitability. Over 60% of our sales come from outside North America. The company is an international leader in developing innovative measurement and control solutions, including cryogenic temperature sensors and instrumentation, magnetic test equipment, metrology systems, and probe stations used for characterizing the physical properties of materials for applications in aerospace, quantum computing, and physics research. Some of our customers include IBM, CERN, Philips Medical, Google, and Blue Origin along with University Physics Laboratories and National Labs around the world. Engineers, physicists, and scientists from our R&D, Design, and Manufacturing departments work together under one roof, where our products are manufactured and tested for quality before they leave the building. We are located in Westerville, a northeast suburb of Columbus, OH.
Learn more about Lake Shore Cryotronics by visiting our website at www.lakeshore.com – and also visit our Facebook and LinkedIn sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans