- Minimum of 2 years’ experience handling Commercial Liability claims.
- Litigation experience
- Ability to recognize All Priority Work
- Prompt Notice of Large Loss exposures
- Timely & Adequate Reserve Change Notices via the committee process
- Identify Potential Coverage issues & Prompt issuance of Reservation of Rights
- Prompt Notice on need for a Coverage adjuster and /or Legal counsel
- Prompt Retention of Legal Counsel on all Lawsuits
- Timely Excess Letters to Insureds
- Timely responses to Settlement Demands
- Timely Evaluations & Notice of Mediations, Arbitrations and Trials
- Ability to be fully engaged and participate in Mediations, Arbitrations, & Trials
- Timely Filing of Offers of Judgment
- Ability to effectively Negotiate Claims to resolution
- Ability to effectively prepare Settlement Releases
- Prompt issuance & coordination of settlement payments
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills in daily claims handling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, inside and outside of the Company
- MS office experience, specifically Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a work-from-home environment.
- Midwest Family is a work from home environment.
- Ability to work a 40-hour week, 8-hour days, 5 days per week
- This is a sedentary position, in which the adjuster is at a computer desk typing and working the telephone regularly for the bulk of the working day
- This position requires dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other devices.
- Adjuster must be physically able to travel when necessary and participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
Midwest Family Mutual offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings, Flexible Spending, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, PTO, 401(K), Roth 401K, and Pension Plan.