Role & Responsibilities: Set up, operate and tend paper slitter machine that converts large rolls of crepe paper into individual crepe streamers. Candidate should be willing and able to follow directions and be able to work independently. This position must maintain all quality and safety standards at all times. Other duties as assigned by management.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Set up, operate and tend slitter that cuts crepe paper.
- Lay down rolls of creped tissue onto the unwinder of the slitter machine.
- Thread creped tissue through the slitter.
- Remove finished rolls and roll shaft from machine and unload paper from shaft onto trough conveyor.
- Measure roll length and diameter once an hour and document.
- Maintain a full glue tank.
- Keep slitter machine clean and free of paper.
- Ensure work area is clean and orderly at the end of every shift.
- Understand risks associated with the activities that have a direct effect on the safety, quality, and legality of the product.