PURPOSE: To provide administrative and project support for the Individual and Leadership Giving areas in the development department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides professional administrative support for the Individual and Leadership Giving areas to ensure departmental short- and long-term goals in support of the strategic mission, vision and values of the Opera.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Individual and Leadership Giving.
- Works with the Individual and Leadership Giving team to administer campaigns, initiatives and projects as assigned, including Producers Circle, Adler Fellow Sponsorship and Orpheus programs.
- Provides administrative support to the Medallion (Development) and Education committees, including facilitation of meetings and coordinating volunteer engagement activities.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to programmatic travel programs, including Medallion Society and San Francisco Opera Board of Directors.
- Serves as primary Development Staff liaison with the General Directors and Board Presidents offices in stewardship and cultivation strategies, including timely coordination of acknowledgment letters and occasional direct-mail campaigns.
- Coordinates the writing and, as needed, design layout of Individual- and Leadership-related materials, such as correspondences, proposals, project reports and sponsor spotlights.
- Assists in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of donor contacts, gift acknowledgments, donor recognition and ongoing patron communications.
- Serves as the primary development contact for a portfolio of donors giving from $3,000 - $10,000, in collaboration with the Director of Individual and Leadership Giving and an Individual Giving Officer to ensure that proper stewardship is provided, including acknowledgments and recognition, for purposes of retention and active engagement.
- Provides high-level stewardship and concierge support to patrons in the Individual and Leadership Giving areas.
- Works in partnership with all areas of development to facilitate events and donor cultivation opportunities.
- Works closely with all areas of development to support individual gifts fundraising.
- Manages department-wide donor cultivation opportunities with production, media and rehearsal teams.
- Manages donor analysis projects as assigned.
- Maintains development records and files as appropriate as well as documenting and archiving action plans and team strategies.
- Perform other job-related special projects and duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES, IF ANY, THAT MUST BE OPERATED TO PERFORM THE POSITION ACCEPTABLY: Computer, printer, copier, telephone and other general office equipment and machines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors with temperature and noise levels typical of this environment