Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for a fulltime Chef to work in an 8-bed inpatient center. Position is 40 hours a week. Hours are typically Monday-Friday. Occasional Saturday coverage may be necessary at times depending on company needs and then week day hours will be decreased in these cases.
Job Summary: The Head Chef will provide nutritious and proportionate meals daily in accordance with the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) to the residents and families of the inpatient center. All duties will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies, and best practices from local, state, and federal agencies designed for inpatient meal services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains clean, orderly, safe, and pleasant work environment for the food service operation and ensures compliance with the Wisconsin Food Code.
- Ensures timely menu planning to meet current RDA and HFS 131 requirements.
- Prepare and cook meals with consideration of nutrition, food content (sodium, fat, sugar, etc.), taste, appearance, food safety, portion size, cost, and temperature.
- Food and supply ordering. Develop and maintain ordering guidelines that will be clear to any substitute cook.
- Establish a running up-to-date inventory of meal packaging, serving, and food supplies. Create an inventory list and workable process. Check supplies in when delivered and compare to invoice to ensure accuracy.
- Train any food program assistant(s) and/or volunteers as needed in regards to cooking, cleaning, maintaining the kitchen, customer service, etc.
- Arrange back-up meal service for hours unable to work.
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the dignity of meal participants, volunteers, and staff.
- Serving and packaging meals in a safe and appropriate manner for dining room and in-room service.
- Freezing meals in an appropriate and safe manner for emergencies, absences, or closings;
- Cater to special events, meetings, and holiday feasts;
- Attend trainings and meetings as required.