Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of some of the worlds best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, Knex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line, in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio span generations and help create unforgettable memories.
The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for supporting the day to day accounting functions by performing reconciliations and posting appropriate journal for the preparation of the companys financial reports and statements.
This position is located on-site in our Boca Raton, Florida offices Monday through Friday, with an option to work remotely on Fridays.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and post journal entries related to the companys activity
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and accruals
- Supports account receivable activities, confirming month-end procedures have been performed
- Reconcile bank accounts in accounting system
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations during month-end close procedures
- Maintain customer and vendor database; assist in customer credit analysis
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Perform Ad Hoc projects as necessary