This position conducts authorize, schedules, regulates and controls flights according to government and company regulations to expedite the flight operations schedule. This position has a dotted line to the Chief Flight Instructor.
- Work with McAir Aviation Operations Department and the Chief Flight Instructor to support students that have transitioned from new customers to their permanent CFIs
- Work with the schools current customer base and the schools CFIs to setup an ongoing training schedule and maximize all available training resources
- Monitor CFI scheduling and coordinating with students to meet their required training progress, maintain training and progression results ensuring suitable minimum training rates for each student (Partnership training requirements and Part 141/61 training phases)
- Ensure the information in the scheduling software Flight Schedule Pro is accurate and complete
- Generate and evaluate reports as necessary to ensure that student, customer, and CFI’s are legal and qualified for flight assignments
- Carry out and adjust schedule for irregular operations, such as major cancellations, weather, campus events and/or delays as planned by the McAir Administrative team .
- Coordinate with Front Desk/Dispatch and Maintenance to resolve operational and instructor/student-related issues
- Guide and direct instructors, students, and management team in scheduling flight operations and utilization of aircraft, generate and manage campus student roster illustrating instructor to student capacity
- Schedule, plan, and control aircraft. Report all schedule changes, and student/instructor “no shows” daily.
- Coordinate with instructors to ensure students are scheduled for flights, and monitor CFI student loads
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance on all major aircraft issues/concerns
- Prepare daily reports of delays, and cancellations, and list reasons. Follow-up with all students/customers to ensure excellent consumer satisfaction
- Complete reports as required.
- Maintain a professional manner and help enforce the McAir Aviation Student/Customer Code of Conduct rules while being positive and having a customer-friendly attitude.
- Work a flexible schedule when required due to business necessity.
- Ensure compliance with all McAir Aviation policies and procedures related to flight, front desk, and dispatch operations.
- Perform other incidental duties as may be assigned.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Aviation experience and/or scheduling dispatch knowledge preferred Demonstrate good judgment and confidentiality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a strong emphasis on customer service
- Excellent time management, follow-through and organizational skills
- Strong communication and ability to build relationships with all levels of management and pilots
- Strategic and forward-thinker
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
Education and Work Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate degree preferred
- 2 years of aviation experience preferred / not required
Certificates, License, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No or very limited physical efforts required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear.
Spartan College provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
In keeping with the above conviction, Spartan College is committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law;
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; and all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.