An online substitute instructor must be adaptable and must excel in delivering plans as instructed by the teacher of record for the course. Kolbe will provide the plans, books, software, and training needed to be successful in this role. The substitute instructor will be responsible for adapting the given lesson plans to the online classroom for live and (potentially) asynchronous time through the delivery of presentation materials and assignments. Resources will be provided.
See the elementary live schedule here.
Responsibilities for Online Substitute Instructor:
- Teacher will deliver given lesson plans according to the materials and directions by teacher of record.
- Teacher will track attendance and participation for teacher of record.
- Teacher will conduct live classes with groups of students as scheduled.
Other substitute responsibilities include:
- Respond promptly via text, phone, or email to last minute subbing requests
- Provide updated availability to manager for ease of scheduling
- Check email and Schoology messages on a daily basis, Monday-Friday not including holidays or breaks
- Return graded assignments within a reasonable time frame (if applicable)
- Hold office hours/Student success meetings upon appointment (if applicable)
- Complete training in all technology, Kolbe philosophy and policy, and online teaching pedagogy