Use your nursing skills to provide high quality home care to terminally-ill patients.
Rainbow Hospice Care is currently accepting applications for dedicated RNs to work during 2nd shift hours in home hospice. This could be part time or full time depending on the candidate, hours are 3 pm - 11:30 pm. Position is eligible for a bonus after 6 months of successful employment.
The RN provides skilled nursing care to patients in their homes and administers medications and treatments.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Educates family members on patient care skills, meds, treatments, use of equipment, and on signs and symptoms of the dying and grieving process.
- Visually observes and interprets changes in behavior and psychological and physiological status of patient for ongoing assessment.
- Documents medication given, care given, patient condition, assessment, and patient diagnosis on patient chart.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner and maintains integrity of the patient chart.
- Attends trainings and staff meetings as required.