Pay Range: Starting at $13.15 per hour
Do you love working with people but want your nights and Sundays off? We've got the job for you!
The Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region's Mooresville ReStore is looking for a full-time cashier who's a go getter, has an engaging personality and someone that is willing to dive in and help. Serving the needs of our customers is our top priority.
Working to build homes, communities and hope in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region has partnered with more than 3,000 families since 1983. This year, we will help over 300 families through new home construction, recycling existing homes, critical home repair projects and financial literacy training. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading nonprofit organization in the field of affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region offers competitive wages and a great affordable benefits package. Pay as little as $28 per month for health insurance! Complimentary vision, short & long-term disability and life/AD&D. Dental and FSA accounts also available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and part time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for full-time team members.
This is a full-time position that requires a rotating schedule, including Saturdays and some holidays.
Essential Functions (other duties may assigned):
- Customer Service:
- Greet walk-in customers
- Assist customers, by phone or on the sales floor
- Ensure customers are assisted with purchases, as needed
- Maintain product knowledge and up-to-date information on sales events
- Consistently provide an exceptional level of both internal and external customer service
- Cash Register Operations
- Accurately and efficiently operate registers according to procedure
- Alert Manager of cash flow status according to procedure
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and keep supplies stocked
- Assist with training volunteers with register duties
- Required Skills/Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be an effective team member when working with staff and volunteers
- Good verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Show initiative
- Ability to operate available equipment, such as cash registers, calculators, or scanners
- Basic mathematical skills, as needed to make change
- Knowledgeable about companys products and services, and customer-related policies
- Other Duties
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Ability to adhere to Habitats Code of Conduct policies and other policies
- Maintain a presentable appearance, including ReStore appropriate attire
- Adhere to schedule
- Dependable transportation to work
- Habitat Charlotte Region-related tasks as requested by supervisor
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting at least 25-30 lbs., unassisted
- Ability to operate cash register
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods of time
- Ability to complete documentation required for sale of merchandise
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Homeowners in Process
Level of authority:
- Requires minimal supervision
Estimated Time Commitment:
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and clean background check is required.