The Senior Accounting Specialist will work with the Controller to perform month-end closing, financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, and other projects as requested by partners and the executive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in reviewing hotel AR ledgers and general ledgers to prepare for month-end close.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing work papers for CPA annual review.
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliations for all resort accounts.
- Assist in reviewing, designing, and documenting internal accounting procedures and processes.
- Prepare journal entries and ad-hoc financial reporting.
- Oversee the vendor program and process 1099 NEC, MISC, and INT forms annually.
- Check that all invoices have been properly coded and approved for payment.
- Review the accuracy of the invoice entries into the system and prepare accounts payable checks and mail it out to the vendors when signed
- Work with the department heads and vendors to provide them all the AP-related information they may need.
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted.
- Maintain accounts payable files.
- Assist in monthly closings by posting invoices accrual and other AP related month-end closing items.
- Assist on special projects as directed by the Controller and CFO.
- Work with Human Resources and other relevant departments to process payroll bi-weekly.
- Review payroll deductions and liabilities for accuracy.
- Count all cash and checks received for the day and prepare bank deposit.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Controller and CFO.