The position is responsible for providing counseling, advocacy, and case management to domestic violence survivors within the Transitional Housing Programs. This includes coordinating in-house and community resources to meet the needs of the clients.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains positive professional working relationships with staff throughout the organization including peers, supervisors/managers, directors, senior and executive management.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains positive professional working relationships with shelter clients, transitional housing clients, community clients, volunteers, the general public and vendors.
- Identifies barriers to success and makes appropriate referrals.
- Interacts closely with community organizations to remain current on resources available and disseminate accurate knowledge; advocates for victims and makes, and trains others to make, appropriate referrals.
- Provides individual and group counseling for residents living in transitional housing and community clients.
- Assesses client needs and develops case plans with residents, providing regular sessions to ensure progress.
- Measures results, tracks data and submits timely reports to Program Manager.
- Facilitates support groups with survivors of domestic violence.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in a consistent and ethical manner.
- Effectively manages conflict and crises.
- Conducts client intake and orientation to program in a timely manner.
- Conducts exit interviews and safety planning with residents departing program.
- Responds to crisis calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Assumes responsibility for residential coverage, as appropriate.
- Provides support and assistance to volunteers, as needed.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Attends program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YWCA All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Continuously addresses all aspects of professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned