The Porter is responsible for improving and maintaining the curb appeal and landscaping throughout the community at an assigned Birchstone community. This role is responsible for ensuring the exterior and interior community grounds are always up to Birchstone standards, timely completion of service requests, and assistance with special projects including capital improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Meet with the Service Manager daily to review service requests, required landscaping and maintenance, special projects, etc.
- Receive and complete service requests; complete all required landscaping and improvements, ensuring code compliance.
- Maintain the community including grounds, common areas, and amenities to ensure an attractive and well-kept appearance; clean interior and exterior areas of the community daily, in addition to seasonal cleaning duties.
- Perform trash pickup daily, ensuring proper disposal of waste.
- Complete pressure washing, breezeway and parking lot cleaning, painting, pool cleaning, mowing, edging, weeding, tree-trimming, and other groundskeeping tasks.
- Change bulbs in interior and exterior light fixtures as needed.
- Ensure unsafe conditions (broken glass, gates, lights, etc.) are reported and corrected immediately.
- Move furniture and appliances to perform tasks as needed/requested.
- Identify and resolve issues related to groundskeeping in a timely matter.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control initiatives when possible.
- Assist in Birchstone’s overall regular and preventative maintenance programs standards, and initiatives.
- Ensure community is prepared for inspections.
- Complete and submit appropriate paperwork and reports timely and accurately.
- Complete all required documentation timely and accurately.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipment, supplies needed to complete service requests.
- Assist with service requests.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate and area/region-specific groundskeeping and maintenance initiatives.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement projects.
- Attend regular meetings with Service Manager and act as a resource to community team members in groundskeeping related matters.
- Work on-call shifts/schedules to assist with both resident and community emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.